Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
165 Doctors are Online

Have low back pain when walking, soreness in testicle and having pain. What to do?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Practicing since : 2006
Answered : 1583 Questions
I have low back pain when walking, I freeze up and stop and bend over for a second,,,and repeat process..
I also have soreness in right testicle, and cannot determine if pain is related to back, because both are in same general area. I thought that I was sleeping with my right testicle pressed between my legs,when on my side,because I wake up with this pain.. I am 74 yrs old, and do not have any reason for testicle pain.( do not masturbate or fondle )
I have a female doctor whom I inherited when my male doctor retired and find it very hard to press this conversation.
Posted Fri, 9 Aug 2013 in Back Pain
Answered by Dr. Basheer Ahamed 5 hours later

Welcome to XXXXXXX Thanks for your query.

If the backache as started after the testicular pain then there is a possibility that it may be a referred pain from the testicules.

If not the backache may be a different entity and as to be evaluated separately.

Coming to your testicular pain.

There are many reasons for testicular pain in your age and as to be taken seriously.

1. It might be due to trauma that has create inflammation(Compression between the legs) like Orchitis.

In this case you need Analgesic and good support the the scrotum by wearing tight underway.

2. Torsion of the testis.

3. Hydrocele(Collection of fluid around the testis).

4. Infections like Epididymo orchitis.

5. Testicular cancer.

You may need

Ultrasound of the testis to arrive at a diagnosis.

Do not hesitate to mention this to your doctor.
She may refer you to a male doctor if she is not comfortable to treat this.

Hope the answer helps you.
Pleased to answer other queries.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an Orthopaedic Surgeon

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor