Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
181 Doctors are Online

Have lost height in slipped disc. Now?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Spine Surgeon
Practicing since : 2002
Answered : 322 Questions
my disk aregone i have lost 8in in height my ribs are resting on my hip bones are there any help for me
Posted Wed, 5 Dec 2012 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Rahul D Chaudhari 6 hours later

Thanks for the query.

It looks to me that you have severe age related changes in the spine and i think you have scoliosis also. What are the complaints now? Do you have back pain? Is it low back or upper back? Do you get any leg pain as well?
We usually try to treat the symptoms. Sometimes pain block helps to relieve the pain. I would suggest meeting a spine specialist to diagnose the exact problem and according to that he may refer you to pain physician. If possible can you upload your spine X-rays. In short, treatment will depend upon your symptom.

Hope I have addressed your concerns. If you have more queries, I will be available to answer them.


Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an Orthopaedic Surgeon

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor