Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
181 Doctors are Online

Have little bumps on palm and finger. What could this be?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Practicing since : 2007
Answered : 561 Questions
Hi, For a alittle over a month I have seen little bumps (you can hardly see them) but you can feel them if you touch the skin. They are located on the palm of my left hand and 2 little bumps on my middle finger of the same hand. It looks like they have a light colored brown spot in the middle of the bump. I am in the gym on a regular basis and sweat alot so I was wondering what this could be. They dont hurt or are painful.
Posted Fri, 14 Dec 2012 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Ganesh Sanap 1 hour later
Hi , welcome XXXXXXX

You are doing regular gym with a lot sweat, that means you are doing heavy exercise. Due to lifting a weight or picking something heavy in hand on regular basis, there is thickening of skin of palm or finger at some points. Such thickening is neither painful nor tender.
I think you are having such thickening of palm only. Birth control pills has nothing to do with problem. When you change your exercise pattern or wear soft gloves it will disappear in few days.
If possible please upload a photograph of same in follow up question for better understanding of lesion.
Hope i have answered your query.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: Have little bumps on palm and finger. What could this be? 2 hours later
I have been in the gym lifting weights for over 8 years and this has never came up before. Its not calluses....and its only on one hand.
Answered by Dr. Ganesh Sanap 7 hours later

Welcome back.

There are many differentials for palm and finger swelling. However for painless and non-tender swelling, only callosities and warts are two differentials.

I have gone through your photos, it does look like early warts. Though they are not painless, there is reddish brown center in the lesion.

To confirm or rule out particular diagnosis, it is better to get examined by a dermatologist.

Hope I have answered your query, any follow up questions are welcome.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Dermatologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor