Have little bumps on palm and finger. What could this be?

Dr. Ganesh Sanap

Radiologist

Posted on Fri, 14 Dec 2012 in Skin Hair and Nails
Question: Hi, For a alittle over a month I have seen little bumps (you can hardly see them) but you can feel them if you touch the skin. They are located on the palm of my left hand and 2 little bumps on my middle finger of the same hand. It looks like they have a light colored brown spot in the middle of the bump. I am in the gym on a regular basis and sweat alot so I was wondering what this could be. They dont hurt or are painful.
Answered by Dr. Ganesh Sanap 1 hour later
Hi , welcome XXXXXXX

You are doing regular gym with a lot sweat, that means you are doing heavy exercise. Due to lifting a weight or picking something heavy in hand on regular basis, there is thickening of skin of palm or finger at some points. Such thickening is neither painful nor tender.
I think you are having such thickening of palm only. Birth control pills has nothing to do with problem. When you change your exercise pattern or wear soft gloves it will disappear in few days.
If possible please upload a photograph of same in follow up question for better understanding of lesion.
Hope i have answered your query.

Regards.

Follow up: Dr. Ganesh Sanap 2 hours later
I have been in the gym lifting weights for over 8 years and this has never came up before. Its not calluses....and its only on one hand.
Answered by Dr. Ganesh Sanap 7 hours later

Welcome back.

There are many differentials for palm and finger swelling. However for painless and non-tender swelling, only callosities and warts are two differentials.

I have gone through your photos, it does look like early warts. Though they are not painless, there is reddish brown center in the lesion.

To confirm or rule out particular diagnosis, it is better to get examined by a dermatologist.

Hope I have answered your query, any follow up questions are welcome.

Regards.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Mohammed Kappan