Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
183 Doctors are Online

Have itchy testicles and noticed pimples on it. How to cure this?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2009
Answered : 3094 Questions
I have very itchy testicles, there is a white shiny area and pimples. My wife is now also itchy around her genital area after having sex.
Posted Thu, 7 Mar 2013 in Testicle Problems
Answered by Dr. Luchuo Engelbert Bain 17 minutes later
Hi and thanks for trusting health care magic,
Itchy testicles with white shiny areas and pimples suggest an infection. considering similar symptoms in your wife, it should something sexually transmitted. However, it might be difficult on history grounds to ascertain whether its a single infection of a mixed infection. Generally white shiny patches with itches around testicles usually indicate a skin fungal infection which fades away with appropriate topical anti fungal drugs. However, the pimples, depending on their nature could be bacterial in origin (treponema, hemophilus ducreyi), viral like in genital herpes simplex infection.
A good physical examination therefore becomes compelling to make an appropriate diagnosis for the establishment of a comprehensive and appropriate treatment plan. Other examinations like blood tests for syphillis, abd Chlamydia might be done depending on the clinical appreciation of the physician. I would suggest you suspend unprotected sex to avoid an infection - reinfection cycle till you have received appropriate medical examination and treatment. It s advisable for your wife to visit the gynecologist for pap smears, cultures and sensitivity tests to be done on her too. Being treated as a couple is the ideal situation. I would suggest you visit your gynecologist or a sexually transmitted Infection clinic if available for management. A good physical examination, medical history and examination are keys aspects in the management of you,a s a couple.
Thanks and hope this helps as I wish you just the best. Would be honored answering further questions if need be.
Best regards,
Luchuo, MD.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a General Surgeon

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor