Have itchy red sore on buttocks, hands, back and thigh. What is the disease?

Dr. Kruti

Dermatologist

Posted on Mon, 7 Jan 2013 in Skin Hair and Nails
Question: I itch on my wrists, hands, buttocks, stomach, back, inner thighs, shoulders and sides of my stomach. There are only red sores on my buttocks and hands. The bumps on my hands that if popped ooze clear liquid. The rest of my body has no redness but itches really badly. There are no bumps on the rest of my body and has been for about 4 months. By sister itches in the same spots but not as bad as mine. She nor me have black spots or brown spots likes scabies other then the sores. What do I have?
Answered by Dr. Kruti 1 hour later
Hello

I will be glad to be of assistance.

Thanks for the photos, they were very useful.

This is scabies with auto eczematization.

Autoeczematization means an allergic reaction to the scabies mite.

Hence the lesions on your back and Web spaces look like sores.

The big lesion on your back could be a growth, either a skin tag or seborrheic keratosis.

You will need to visit your dermatologist who can either excise it or burn it off.

For scabies you need to apply permethrin cream which is to be applied for only a single application.

Also for the auto eczematization, you will need an antihistaminic and application of a mild steroid cream after three days of application of permethrin.
You will require a prescription for all the medications from your dermatologist.

Hope my recommendations are helpful.

Please let me know if I can address any additional concerns for you.

Regards.
Follow up: Dr. Kruti 2 hours later
The red spots on my back is pimples and scars from pimples that I have had since I was a teenager. My girlfriend is not scratching. Or have red marks like me or anything neither nor her parents and scabies i know is highly contagious. My scatching is not worse at night like it was when I did have it before My skin feels dry and for as long as ive had it nobody but me and my sister itch and I live with my aunt, uncle, mom, sister and her daughter. My neice has molaskums (probably soelled wrong but its warts that causes her skin to itch and is contagious) I itch where there is no redness at all if possible ill send more pics. When i scratch my hands the skin peels. Pic with my finger and the sore is the main one that when i squeeze it a CLEAR liquid comes out. I also have one on the palm of my left had too. What I believe I have is an allergic reaction possibly but then again I maybe wrong. And b4 I sent the query I jus applied permthirin cream to my entire body. I do know I had scabies before I itched horribly and its nowhere as close now as it was then when I applied it.
Answered by Dr. Kruti 13 hours later
Hello

Thanks for your reply.

I can understand your concern.

Now what you are experiencing is an allergic reaction to the scabies mite. Its called auto eczematization.

Hence the clear fluid that is coming out.

I recommend you to get a prescription for a higher strength steroid cream like clobetasol which can be applied on the sores.

You can Take an anti allergic tablet for the itching.