Have food intolerance with breathing difficulty. What should I do?

Dr. Rajiv K Khandelwal

Pediatrician

Posted on Mon, 31 Dec 2012 in Lung and Chest disorders
Question: 37 year old, fit female, non-smoker, good diet however often have issues with digestive system due to food intolerances; I returned from a two week holiday in Bali and Kuala Lumpur two weeks ago with a very bad cold; usual symptoms of the cold subsided very quickly and only a lot of mucus lingered, this is now almost clear; over the past week, I have noticed I'm having great difficulty breathing, it almost feels like I'm not breathing at all as if I am at high altitude, which I'm not (I live in inner-city Melbourne)- I am constantly gasping for air, can you suggest an appropriate course of action? Thank you
Answered by Dr. Rajiv K Khandelwal 31 minutes later

Thank you for your query.

As you are having difficulty in breathing I suggest that you visit the emergency (ER) so that you can be examined and managed. After an lower respiratory tract infection. This lower respiratory tract infection is causing the symptom of difficulty in breathing and gasping.

I hope I have responded to your query to your satisfaction. Please feel free to revert in case you need any clarifications or would like to share more facts of the incident.

Wishing you an early recovery.

RKK