Have fatigue and fuzzy head with head pressure. No fever or cold. Due to anxiety?

Dr. Praveen Tayal

Orthopaedic Surgeon

Posted on Wed, 6 Feb 2013 in Anxiety and Stress
Question: Doctor, I've been having trouble with fatigue and a fuzzy head and head pressure. Don't know how else to describe it. No fever, but sometimes am chilled and sometimes my head feels warm. No abnormal mucous. no cold or respiratory symptoms. have had some stress recently, could anxiety cause this? Could I have a sins infection with no fever or mucous? Some sort of nutritional deficiency? Has XXXXXXX going on now for almost four weeks. Fuzzy head s making it hard to concentrate.I am starting to freak out about it. Any ideas what this could be?
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 10 hours later
Feeling of pressure in the head with a fuzzy feeling could be due to a sinus congestion even without any symptoms related to cold. The other causes can be stress and anxiety, high blood pressure, eye strain or migraine. It is not likely to be related to any nutritional deficiency.
You need to consult an ENT (Ear, Nose and Throat) specialist and get investigations done. These include an evaluation of the sinuses, a chest X-ray, trans illumination test and may be an X-Ray sinuses and CT (Computed Tomography) sinuses.

Till that time, inhale plenty of steam or use a humidifier. Eat small nutritious meals at frequent intervals instead of a heavy single meal. Exercise frequently and take your dinner atleast 2 hrs prior to bedtime.

I hope this answers your query.
In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Regards.
Dr. Praveen Tayal.