Have family history of baldness. What medicine should i take to control hair fall?

Dr. Sudarshan

Dermatologist

Posted on Tue, 8 Jan 2013 in Hair Loss
Question: what are the techniques i can do to stop any hairloss or future baldness for a 24 old male who doesnt have any family history in baldness (reduce it atleast)..

what are the things i can do ??? (supplement, dietery, behaviours) ?
Answered by Dr. Sudarshan 17 minutes later
Hi M,
Thanks for writing in.
Androgenetic alopecia is most common type of baldness in your age group.
It is complicated by stress and environmental factors like heat ,pollution,hard water etc.
In general measures to avoid hair loss you should
- avoid stress, maintain good diet ,adequate sleep,regular exercise.Keeping good general health will add to treatment.

-Take one fruit every day.Take lemon juice and other citrous foods as they are XXXXXXX in vitamin C and anti oxidants.

-Do not comb when hairs are wet.

-Use widely spaced comb with rounded teeth(not sharp ends).

-Avoid hot water for bathing(use lukewarm water)

-Avoid hardening gels/ harsh colors/chemicals on scalp.

-Avoid direct sunexposure/heat/wind exposure to your hair.

-You can use nizoral shampoo for hair wash.

Also you can take some supplements like Tab Androanagen one per day.
It is a safe and natural supplement which prevents hair loss due to all causes.

Hope this helps.
I will be available for follow up.

DrSudarshan
SKin hair nail specialist
Follow up: Dr. Sudarshan 12 minutes later
is there any kind of oil for scalp to massage it ? u recommend ?

i have read that the androanagen tablets would lead to testicles shrinkage ?? and some breast development for man ??? is that true ???
Answered by Dr. Sudarshan 29 minutes later
Hi M,
Oils do not play any role in hair growth.It is only for conditioning of the hair.You can use any oil which suits you.

Androanagen is very safe.My personal experience on more than 100 patients is very good with no side effect reported.If you are worried or apprehensive about androanagen you can take tablet follihair New one per day.

Hope this clears the doubts.
Regards.
Follow up: Dr. Sudarshan 14 hours later
What are the side effect of doing a keratin treatment for a male ?? .. and is it very harmful ?? and what are the least harmful method for straightning the hair for a curly hair ??
Answered by Dr. Sudarshan 6 hours later
Hi M,
Keratin treatment is as such safe.Only formaldehyde used in the treatment can be harmful.Getting it done once in while will not do much harm but continous keratin treatment and heat given to hair break the sulfur double bonds in the hair can cause weakening of hair .There is no permanent way of straitening hair and every procedure has to be repeated.Going against the nature's will can be harmful in long run.

Hope this helps.
Regards.