Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
145 Doctors are Online
Ask a Urologist   »  

Have enlaged prostate. Passing clots and blood in urine. Should I be worried?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Oncologist, Surgical
Practicing since : 2008
Answered : 576 Questions
i have been discharging heavy clots and a substantial amount of blood in my urine. I am 73 and have an enlaged prostate. This has been an on going thing. My uroligist says not to worry. It's getting scary.
Posted Thu, 16 May 2013 in Urinary and Bladder Problems
Answered by Dr. Rohan Khandelwal 1 hour later
Dear sir,

Sorry to hear about your problem. Your symptoms of blood in the urine can be explained by the fact that you have an enlarged prostate but these recurrent episodes warrant a surigcal management of the condition and you should discuss the possibility of TURP with your biologist. In addition to this you should also get psa levels and a transrectal ultrasound to rule out a growth in the prostate.

Hope you get well soon. Please feel free to clarify any other query.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Urologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor