Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
200 Doctors are Online

Have diarrhea since last year. Blood and stool test normal. Suggested for colonoscopy. Have abdominal pain. Advise?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Practicing since : 1985
Answered : 140 Questions
I have dieria since last 1 year and going everyday two to three times..recenly went to my doctor who tested my stoll and blood and told me that it is all normal but still she recomended for colonoschopy procedure which i do not want to go..
can you suggest me what other option i have for my dieria and since last two week i have right low abdomanl mild pain also...please provide me your valubale direction..
Posted Thu, 18 Jul 2013 in Digestion and Bowels
Answered by Dr. Dinesh Kumar Singal 10 hours later

Thanks for contacting Healthcare Magic.

Since you have diarrhea for one year as well as you have started to have pain in right lower abdomen. I think to fully diagnose your condition you definitely need a colonoscopy. If you are worried about the discomfort caused by the procedure, then your doctor can do it under sedation, in this case you will not feel any pain or discomfort.

I hope she has tested your thyroid profile, sugars, tests for celiac disease. You should also get a X XXXXXXX chest, ultrasound of abdomen. You may also need a upper GI endoscopy and a duodenal biopsy through it.

Alternatively you can get a CECT of abdomen done, but what ever findings you may get on CECT abdomen, colonoscopy may still be needed.

In the meanwhile you should stop taking milk and juices as sometimes similar symptoms can be caused by lactose intolearnce. Though you can take curd or buttermilk.

Best wishes,

Dr Dinesh Singal
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Gastroenterologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor