Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
177 Doctors are Online

Have crease on the ear and it looks smaller. What can I do for this?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Cosmetic & Plastic Surgeon
Practicing since : 2003
Answered : 85 Questions
My son has a crease or more like a fold on his earlobe. It makes his ear look smaller then his right ear. Can anything be done for this? He is 15 days old. Its more of a cosmetic issue. His doctor sent us to a Cardiologist to verify that he didnt have a heart conditon. Everything is perfect.
Posted Mon, 15 Apr 2013 in Beauty
Answered by Dr. Mayank Singh 59 minutes later
Thank you for posting your query on health care magic
The picture depicts a cleft or crease on the ear proximal to the ear lobe with slightly malaligned outer helix of ear.It can be revised by incising and realigning the ear outer anomaly.It will be almost normal looking and surgical scar can be improved by fractional Laser treatment.Kindly get the Surgery done after 16 yrs of age.I hope i have answered all your queries.kindly feel free to post again if any more doubts.god bless
Dr Mayank Singh
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Procedures
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Dermatologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor