Have colored bumps on penis. Could it be genital warts?

Dr. S. Murugan

HIV AIDS Specialist

Posted on Thu, 10 Jan 2013 in Penis Problems
Question: I'm trying to identify these bumps are on my penis. Some are red, white, and pink. They don't hurt nor itch. I'm worried that they might be genital warts. My partner got tested 2 Weeks ago and she was clean. I've had these bumps on my penis for bout 2 months now. We did have unprotected sex multiple times but its been a month or so since we've had any intercourse. I hope you can answer my question.
Thanks.
Answered by Dr. S. Murugan 6 hours later
HI,
Welcome to HCM

I saw the image sent by you. It is not definitely a case of Genital warts or a presentation of any other STD.

The lesions present only over the outer skin of shaft of your penis. They are more like a follicular eruption. It may be a case of Fordyce papules. However, they will be grouped and not scattered around the circumference of the skin. It looks (both erythematous-pink and non-erythematous-white) more like an eruption due to superficial bacterial flora of the skin.

If you apply some antibiotic cream like Fucidine and by using an antiseptic soap, It will vanish in due course. Nothing serious.

Better, consult with your Dermatologist nearby.
Get well soon.
Dr S.Murugan

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Shanthi.E