Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
199 Doctors are Online
Ask a Urologist   »  

Have clear, oderless discharge while urinating. Colonoscope and pelvic CT negative. What to do?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Internal Medicine Specialist
Practicing since : 2001
Answered : 2272 Questions
I have a clear, oderless discharge when I urinate. colonoscope negative. Pelvic CT negative. 63 years old. Slightly enlarged prostate. Fulness in my rectum especially when I sit long periods.
Posted Wed, 1 Aug 2012 in Urinary and Bladder Problems
Answered by Dr. Ram Choudhary 17 minutes later
The discharge from urinary passage needs to be investigated.
It may be urinary tract infection or amorphous phosphaturia.
It may be excessive prostatic secretions.
So get a Urine complete examination and culture and sensitivity testing done.
You should review to local urologist with the reports and also urge him to start some urethral and prostate relaxing medicines so that residual urine in bladder can be reduced and chances of urinary tract infection can be decreased.
The fullness in rectum in presence of normal colonoscopy means irritation arising from enlarged prostate or a congestion related to residual urine in bladder.
I hope that answers your query.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: Have clear, oderless discharge while urinating. Colonoscope and pelvic CT negative. What to do? 36 minutes later
I'm sorry. I meant to say rectal discharge. Slippery anus. No bladder infection found. Rapiflow helps with urination but not rectal moisture.
Answered by Dr. Ram Choudhary 55 minutes later
Rectal discharge can be due to some inflammation locally, or it may be just your body trait.
You should get stool examination.
The amebiasis and parasitic infections are also a frequent cause.
I would suggest an additional course of ciprofloxacin and metronidazole followed by albendazole the dose/duration your physician would know.
I hope this advise will be helpful for you.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Lab Tests
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Urologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor