Have blood in the urine most of the day. underlying cause?
Hematuria is most likely due to blood thinner.
Thanks for your query.
Based on the facts that you have posted it appears that you had heart surgery in 1998 and sine then have been taking blood thinner medications.
Later on you had Cancer of the Prostate which was treated with radiation and now your serum PSA is within normal range.
Now you have macroscopic hematuria .Most likely this is due to what is called as Haemorrhagic Cystitis and due to side effect of the blood thinner.
However considering the fact that you had Cancer of the prostate in the past the remote possibility of recurrence of cancer prostate has to be ruled out.
Please consult qualified Urologist for digital rectal and clinical examination and ultra sound scanning
The hematuria can be controlled by withholding the blood thinner for couple of days and antibiotic coverage with supportive measures.
Please ensure to drink more water.
Hope I have answered your query. If you have any more questions please feel free to ask me I shall be happy to help you
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Will meth cause blood in urine
- Vodka cause blood in urine
- Blood in urine one day
- Blood in urine under 30
- Blood in urine lasted a day
- What causes blood in urine and trouble during urination
- Splenda cause blood in urine
- Does masturbation cause painful urination and blood in urine
- Frequent urination blood in urine and reduced urine causes
- What causes blood in urine and difficulty in urination
- Fatty mass found on kidney during lumbar MRI. Is this serious?
- Have redness on penis and getting irritation during urination. Any...
- Getting sunburn on back and swelling on foreskin. What is the disease...
- Noticed white specks in urine. What could it be?
- Addicted to masturbation. Noticed black spot on penis head and downward...
- Had unprotected oral sex. Getting soft erection with fever, sore throat...
- Frequent urge to urinate with little urine. Noticed spotting. Should I...
- Have sore and red scrotum. What treatment should be done?
- Have lower abdominal pain, recurrent kidney stones. Urinalysis done....
- Found blood in urine. Urine analysis done. What are the findings?