Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
178 Doctors are Online

Have bleeding from nose. Due to dryness? Medication?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

ENT Specialist
Practicing since : 1984
Answered : 1975 Questions
Actually my nose is bleeding , more often , for the past one month or so. its not too much, just a drop a time and it occurs twice a day when I wash my face and blow my nose. I can feel the dryness in my nose. I know I am providing too petty detail but I think its better to say than keeping it to myself. If you could temme what can be the cause of this and how could I get rid of it. I would be grateful if you could advice me some medication if required.
Posted Fri, 22 Feb 2013 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Answered by Dr. A.K. Srivastava 1 hour later
Welcome in H.C.M.

I have gone through your query regarding recurrent bleeding from your nose for last one month. As you said bleeding is quite less in the form of one or two drops in a day and it usually occurs when you wash your face and blow your nose for cleaning.

I would like to tell you that bleeding from may occur due to-

(1) Local pathology of the nose- Like-Rhinitis involving little's area of the nose (this is a vascular area of the nose), bleeding polyp,growth in nose,sinusitis etc.

(2) Hematological diseases as Thrombocytopenia, Hypoprotenemia,
Severe anemia, etc.

(3) Systemic diseases -Advance renal and Liver failure.

Since you have bleeding during cleaning of the nose and you have dryness in nose thus most probably your problem is due to rhinitis involving little's area. This is the commonest cause of nasal bleeding

As far as treatment is concerned you should not remove any nasal crest forcefully, you may instill liquid paraffin locally to nostril to minimize nasal crusting, to treat infection you can take any broad spectrum antibiotic and lastly you can take hemostatic tablets.

I hope this will help you a lot but if it fails then you should contact an E. N. T. Specialist to find out final diagnosis and treatment.

With Regards.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an ENT Specialist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor