Get your health question answered instantly from our pool of 18000+ doctors from over 80 specialties

122 Doctors Online
Doctor Image
Dr. Andrew Rynne

Family Physician

Exp 50 years

I will be looking into your question and guiding you through the process. Please write your question below.

Have bicornuate uterus and had cesarean. Started getting painful periods. Any relief?

Answered by
Dr. Sree Gouri SR


Practicing since :2006

Answered : 5164 Questions

Posted on Sat, 12 Jan 2013 in Vaginal and Uterus Health
Question: I have a bicornuate Uterus and had cesarean 1 yr ago. I always have pain during Period and it becomes so painful that I cAN not do anything. I visited many doctor and had ultraound and went medication, but nothing changed. I always take pain killer during the periods. Just worried is there any certainty or anything which can be cured tso I can stop pain killer. As Dr and Ultrasound says that my Uterus is small and stiif thats the cause of the pain. I am currently out of India, in the country where medicine can be available, therefor please let me know is there any possibility to get releif from the pain
Answered by Dr. Sree Gouri SR 16 hours later
Thanks for the query.

The treatment of secondary dysmenorrhea due to structural causes depends on the cause.
So if you can manage with analgesics it is good or if the pain is so severe then the option is surgical treatment, because usually medical treatment may not help in these cases.
According to your cause of dysmenorrhea, the surgical treatment options are:
-Severing the nerves of the uterus.
As these are somewhat big procedures with possible complications better to take the opinion of your doctor before opting them.
Hope I have answered your query. I will be available to answer your follow up queries. If you are satisfied with all my answer, please rate the answer after closing the discussion.
Take care.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Chakravarthy Mazumdar
Follow up: Dr. Sree Gouri SR 4 hours later
Thanks for the reply.

Please let me know that I can continue with the pain killer ?
Wont it cause any other problem as side effect due to taking pain killer ?
Can I have another child with this condition ? Bicornuate cud be a problem for this pain ?
Answered by Dr. Sree Gouri SR 5 hours later

Yes, you can continue the pain killers.
As you are not taking the pain killers continuously possibly there may not be any long term side effect.
As you previously had one successful pregnancy, you can plan for the second child.
Bicornuate uterus with blind horn can cause dysmenorrhea sometimes.
Wish you Good Health, If you are satisfied with my response please rate the answer after closing the discussion.
Take care.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Chakravarthy Mazumdar

The User accepted the expert's answer

Share on
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures
Medical Topics

Recent questions on  Uterus

doctor1 MD

I had a hysterectomy of my uterus only in November 2014. Recently I have started spotting. My concern is that now I am bleeding bright red blood during intercourse. Is this normal and what are possible causes for bleeding during intercourse? Thank you.

doctor1 MD

I missed my my period last month went to the doctor .did all pregnancy .uterus empty. i was prescribed Primolut N 1 tablet 3 times for 5 days. i am now 3 days after this course still no period but a few drops of blood and clots.. what should i do??

doctor1 MD

Hi, may I answer your health queries right now ? Please type your query here... suffering from kidney problems since 2003. There are cyst & stone in both of my kidneys. I have also thyroid problems, under medication. In 2007, I had a Hysterectomy surgery for fibroid uterus. I have seviour pains in my back which is coming in the lower abdominal areas and maximum pain is in the left side and it is sometimes really un tolerable. Feeling very week and full body swells. My blood pressure are fluctuating, occasional bleeding from nose, having fever and occasional rashes on the skin also a problem. Sometimes, can not walk due to swollen feet.I don't know whether I have to go to a nephrologyst or I need a Urologyst for my cases) Pls advice.Grateful for all your cooperation in advance.

With best regards

Elizabeth, Age: 43,

doctor1 MD

I Have recently had a transvaginal scan and the results revealed my uterus is anteverted and normal in size with a uniform myometrial and endometrial thickness. Endometrial thickness is within normal limits. There also showed chronic hydrosalpinx on left tube measuring 5.8 x 4.5cms. Is it possible for You to please explain using dummy medical terms and help me understand in more details. Thank you

doctor1 MD

Why do I have pain in the bladder area and irritation in the vagina after sex it lasts for days. Iam 80 years old

doctor1 MD

What should be the normal cervical length during each stage of pregnancy?

doctor1 MD

Hi doctor, I have PCOD and prominent symptoms of it like facial hairs, lethargy , thinning of hair, irregular period with gaps of 2-3 months usually. I already have a kid of 10 years and my age is 38 years. I am quite heavy with 80 kgs weight as...