Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
185 Doctors are Online

Have a marble size hard lump directly on testicle. What does this mean?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 1978
Answered : 6714 Questions
Have a marble size hard lump directly on my left testicle what does this mean
Posted Sun, 7 Oct 2012 in Testicle Problems
Answered by Dr. Pavan Kumar Gupta 2 hours later
Thanks for the query.
Before answering your question i need certain informations from you so that i am in a better position to answer you.
Since when you are having this lump?
Is here any pain in it?
Any history of injury ?
Is there any abdominal pain ?
Is the swelling on one testis?
Has this lump changed in size?
Have you ever had any surgery on testis or in groin?
Have you consulted any doctor for this problem?
Has any investigation been done regarding this and if yes then what are the reports ?

Waiting for your reply.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: Have a marble size hard lump directly on testicle. What does this mean? 5 minutes later
Hi ,

Found the lump last week . Unfortunately on a ship at the moment or would of been straight to docs but here for another 3 weeks,

Yes the lump is at the top of my left testicle, it's hard and the size of a small marble.

Had no surgery in the body however hurt my groin 6 months ago playing football and have been on anti inflammtories since, when I don't take tablets groin is sore but only on bed whilst sleeping,

The lump hasnt changed in the week feels directly on the testicle at the top, haven't had a chance to consult a doctor regarding the lump,

Thanks Peter

Answered by Dr. Pavan Kumar Gupta 11 hours later
Since there is no pain or fever or any history of injury,it rules out infection and inflammation due to injury.
The most likely causes in you could be
Epidydmal cyst
Inguinal hernia
and testicular cancer in some cases.
You require a physical examination by the doctor,ultrasound of testis and may be CT or biopsy of testis.
Since almost all of such types of problem are treatable,you don't have to worry.
Just relax and enjoy your outing on ship.
Consult the doctor once you reach the shore.
Best of luck
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a General Surgeon

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor