Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
196 Doctors are Online
Ask a Urologist   »  

Have a blood filled lump on the inside of the penis foreskin. Should I consult a doctor?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Critical Care Specialist
Practicing since : 1992
Answered : 1663 Questions
Hello, I have a blood filled lump on the inside of the penis foreskin. It is about 1 - 2 millimeters big and does not hurt. I am 68 years old. I have had toncilcancer (probably from HPV-plus virus). Is it possible to make a prognosis, or suggestions, what it could be via internet as I try now? Should I consult a doctor immediately, or could I wait until springtime next year when I have my regular urological survey?
Best Compliments by
Posted Mon, 19 Nov 2012 in Penis Problems
Answered by Dr. Sadiq Mughal 2 hours later
Thanks for writing to us.

The hematoma (collection of blood under skin) your mentioning inside the foreskin of your penis (1-2 mm) usually occurs due to spontaneous rupture of small blood vessels, as blood vessel in this age group lose elasticity and connective tissue ,which support them.
It is more common in people who take aspirin or other anti coagulating drugs like Heparin or warfarin. I would like to know if you are receiving any drugs like aspirin?
This should get resolved on its own in few days. If it increases in size or get infected ( becomes painful, large angry and very red) , please see your physician otherwise you can wait till your regular check up.

I hope I have addressed your concerns. Let me know if you have any more questions.

Get well soon

Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Procedures

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Urologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor