Have Parkinson. Feeling light headed with tingling sensation. Treatment?

Dr. Ganesh Sanap

Radiologist

Posted on Tue, 2 Apr 2013 in Brain and Spine
Question: first of all, I have parkinsion. am a strong healthy male of 69 years old. last monday at 10am i got lightheaded and almost fainted, Than i had sweat ith tingling over my body, lasted about 5 minutes. than i wa very tired. it happen again at 3pm the same day. not lasting a long time. i just eat a hard perpermint candy. i've gotten a little nos. at timeswhen i eat and being very tired.
Answered by Dr. Ganesh Sanap 29 minutes later
Hi, thanks for writing in.
I think light headedness and fainting is not related to parkinsonism. It must be vasovagal syncopal attack, which is not uncommon in old age. Nausea and tiring also due the same reason. In this disorder blood gets pooled towards lower limbs due weakned lower limb veins.
You should consult a board certified physician and get evaluated thoroughly. It is important and urgent. Few tests may be necessary like table tilt test to confirm the diagnosis.
Hope I have answered your query. Any follow up questions are welcome.
Thanking you.