Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
121 Doctors are Online

Have OCD, anxiety disorder, tourettes mild. Need psychiatrist to prescribe medication

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Practicing since : 2007
Answered : 2770 Questions
would you know a psychiatrist that can prescribe medication on a sliding scale in the long island area. My son is 20 has OCD and high anxiety disorder diagnosed (also had tourettes mild when he was young seems to have outgrown it) Very smart but I found out he couldn't even handle being in college more than a few days at a time dropped out. not capable of working for today...ocd psychologist said needs medicine I can't afford the high price.. He needs medication, he is being abandoned by his dad this month and coming to live with me I have found psychology services on a sliding scale as a support at stonybrook hospital but not for medication....sliding scale is the key I can get to Suffolk or Nassau county.
Posted Tue, 27 Aug 2013 in Mental Health
Answered by Dr. Srikanth Reddy 30 minutes later
Thanks for using health care magic for posting your query.
I have gone through your query in detail and I can understand what you are going through.
First and foremost you should seek a consultation from a psychiatrist who needs to confirm a diagnosis of OCD. The possible choice of medications are like fluoxetine clomipramine fluvoxamine. All the medications are given in a sliding scale where in the dose of medications are gradually increased so that the child doesnt suffer any side effect.
Regarding the financial difficulties , the agencies to approach differ from country to country. The best person to guide you in this respect is your GP who will have an idea of your local regulations.
Hope that helps.
Wish you good health.
Dr. Srikanth Reddy MD
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: Have OCD, anxiety disorder, tourettes mild. Need psychiatrist to prescribe medication 2 hours later
I only wanted to know if any doctors on your list or organizations that are psychiatrists have sliding scale in Nassau or Suffolk county.
Specific. I do not have a gp in the area and his main issue is the medication for high anxiety disorder
Answered by Dr. Srikanth Reddy 19 hours later
Thanks for your clarification.
Unfortunately health care magic doesn't have any specialist to manage anxiety disorder from long island.
I understand your concern, but you can have a a look at "Long Island Psychiatric PLLC" located at 2 Main Street, Suite 8, Roslyn, NY 0000 with a website WWW.WWWW.WW I think these people can help you out with your concerns.
Hope that helps,
Dr. Srikanth Reddy
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Psychiatrist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor