Have IRBBB, sinus arrhythmia and palpitations. ECHO test, EKG and blood work normal. What's wrong?

Dr. Mayank Bhargava

Posted on Mon, 28 Jan 2013 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Question: Hi!

I have a IRBBB, sinus arrythmia and palpitations, I've been too 4 different cardiologist, and done:
- 2 ECHO test
- 3 stresstest
- 24 hour EKG
- Bloodwork

Every test was normal and showed a healty heart.

But I'm a bit worried about my IRBBB, the different cardiologist's didn't say nothing about it to me befor I asked them, and then they just said it is perfectly normal, and it will never affect me. I still suffer from anxiety from this, maybe I just need a explenation why it won't do me any harm now and later in life.

I train 5 days a week, weights and running. I'm 21 year old male.

Thanks for your answer.
Answered by Dr. Mayank Bhargava 29 minutes later
Hi XXXXXXX,
Welcome to XXXXXXX forum.

RBBB usually has pathological cause, although it is also seen in healthy individuals as normal variant.
As you have normal Echo,24 hours EKG and stress test and considering your age, RBBB appears to be a normal variant.
As such there is no correlation between steroid & cocaine use and RBBB.
You don't need to worry.
You should remain cool and relieve your anxiety.
You should consult with psychiatrist and should take Alprazolam along with selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors for a short period of time.
Hope that helps.
Let me know if I can address any more concerns.
Take care,
Dr. Mayank Bhargava
Follow up: Dr. Mayank Bhargava 1 hour later
Thanks for you're answer!

This is pretty much the same I've been told by the other cardiologists. So this won't affect me later in life? Another question I have is that I'm going into the military soon, and are going to try out for one of the hardest "courses" there, I've gotten the "green signal" to participate in every type of sports and been told that there's no limit for what I can expose my heart too. Basically i've been told, like I said to you in the first question that I am a normal healty young man, and can live til i'm 120 years (put on the edge) by my doctors.

I think I just need to accept that I'm still normal and that I don't have any more chance of dying than others.

Once again thanks for your answers, and sorry if I seem very tense. The answers are helping me.

best regards.
Answered by Dr. Mayank Bhargava 8 hours later
Hi XXXXXXX,
You can join military services without any problems.
You are a normal person along with normal heart related investigations.
With wishes of healthy and prosperous life,
Best regards,
Dr. Mayank Bhargava