Has long cut between buttocks. Applied Neosporin. Feels dry and itchy. Due to toilet paper? Cure?
Thanks for posting your query.
The symptoms that you have described are suggestive of a pilonidal cyst or sinus. It is a cyst that develops along the tailbone (coccyx) and it may present with redness and pain over the area and drainage of pus and blood from an opening in the skin (sinus tract) over the lower spine.
Mostly it is a dimple or sinus tract that has not become infected or inflamed and in that case you do not generally require any immediate treatment. But in your son’s case it loos infected and an infected pilonidal cyst is an abscess that requires incision and drainage (lancing) in order to improve the symptoms.
You should get it examined from a surgeon. Till that time, he could try eating a high-fiber diet, using stool softener, taking pain killer and having a sitz bath for the symptoms. Keep the area clean and APPLY Neosporin cream, wear loose, comfortable clothes and maintain good personal hygiene.
Hope this answers your query. If you have additional questions or follow up queries then please do not hesitate in writing to us.
Wishing you good health.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- White and scaly skin applying fluocinonide itchy cure
- Can neosporin cure infection, skin, bacterial ?
- Cure for dry itchy scalp
- Can neosporin cure bacterial vaginosis
- Treatment and cure for toilet paper allergy
- Can neosporin cure folliculitis
- Painful lump between the crack of buttocks cure
- How to cure small itchy bumps between thighs
- Neosporin ointment help cure bacteria vaginosis
- Blister on lower buttock itchy how to get cured