Had unprotected sex. Pain and burning sensation in penis while urinating. Symptoms of AIDS?

Dr. Sundar Gnanavel

Psychiatrist

Posted on Mon, 11 Feb 2013 in HIV and AIDS
Question: Hi, since 2 days I am suffering from burning & pain in my penis during toilet. Some liquids is also comes out of penis. I have sex with girls without protection. I also have ratchets in my hand. So suggest me is this is the sign of AIDS if so suggest me what to do & how much time it's takes to cure.
Answered by Dr. Sundar Gnanavel 2 hours later
Hello XXXXXXX
Thanks for your query. I understand your concern with the genital symptoms. Unprotected sexual intercourse may lead to a variety of STD's or sexually transmitted diseases apart from HIV/AIDS. The symptoms you report can be part of a variety of STD'S. Hence, i suggest you undergo a test called as VDRL to screen vfor syphilis and consult a venearologist in person to rule out other STD's. You can also undergo an ELISA to check for your HIV status. Hope you found the information useful.
Dr Sundar
Psychiatrist and Specialist-Psychosexual disorders
Follow up: Dr. Sundar Gnanavel 3 hours later
Actually i have also forgot to mention one thing that one day i went out to XXXXXXX my friend and at that day i have done toilet at the outside of the railway station where i can smell a lot of bad smell of urine. But at that time i didn't XXXXXXX to control and done toilet at that place. And after the next day onwards only i am facing this problem. So i am confuse so please help to come out of this situation.
Answered by Dr. Sundar Gnanavel 8 minutes later
Hello XXXXXXX
I understand that you have difficulty in controlling urine/feces unlike before. I would suggest you undergo a surgical evaluation to check fecal/urinary sphincter tone and any surgical intervention can be suggested as appropriate after that.
Dr Sundar