Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
183 Doctors are Online

Had unprotected sex. Missing periods. Chances of getting pregnant?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by
Practicing since : 2008
Answered : 689 Questions
i had sex with my gf during 5th day of her period,and after that again i had sex, 3days before of her after after 7 days past she is not having her period. is she pregnant ? please Reply
Posted Fri, 23 Nov 2012 in Early Pregnancy Signs and Symptoms
Answered by Dr. Asra Ishtiaq Ahmed 44 minutes later
Hello there.

Thanks for writing.

Yes, pregnancy can be a possibility.

You had intercourse during her fertile period so pregnancy can happen if the intercourse was unprotected.

If she has already missed her period, then you need to go for a urine test for pregnancy.
More important if she has regular monthly cycles and if its been 7 days past her expected date of menses.

The urine test comes positive as early as the first day of missed period.

I hope I have answered your query.

Take care.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: Had unprotected sex. Missing periods. Chances of getting pregnant? 18 minutes later
u said she may get pregnant than is there any way to avoid this pregnancy by medicine (no surgery ) if yes can u send me medicine name which r easily available? if no , than if i go for abortion than how much time it will take her to walk n get normal so her family will not notice please relpy
Answered by Dr. Asra Ishtiaq Ahmed 1 hour later
Hello there.

Thanks for writing back.

Yes there was away to avoid pregnancy but was to be used within 3 days of unprotected intercourse. Now they would have no role if the pregnancy as its already more than 3 days since you had contact.

You can now just terminate the pregnancy if it is there. There is no way to avoid pregnancy now.

Yes, there are medicines for abortion. But they have to be taken in proper dose and way for effective abortion. Failed abortion can occur with medicine , in the event of which a surgical procedure is required to complete it.

I suggest you to first test for pregnancy.
If positive, you have to consult a gynecologist and get an ultrasound to confirm the pregnancy is intrauterine(within the uterus).
This is important because self medication for abortion can be life threatening. Also failed abortion can occur, with other problems like excess bleeding.

You have to take abortion under supervision of a doctor.
So the appropriate drug for abortion will be told to you once you consult your gynecologist.
With use of drugs , it will take maximum 2 weeks for the abortion to complete and bleeding to stop provided the abortion is successful with drugs.
In the event incomplete abortion occurs with drugs then you need to go for surgical procedure called dilatation and evacuation(D&C).

I hope I have answered your query.

Take care.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: Had unprotected sex. Missing periods. Chances of getting pregnant? 59 minutes later
can suggest best gynecologist in mumbai with his details
Answered by Dr. Asra Ishtiaq Ahmed 22 minutes later
Hello there.

I told you the possibilities not to tense you but to make you aware.
This is because wrong steps and self medication in desire of abortion are very common.

You can visit any experienced gynecologist in mumbai.

But the most important, you first do a urine test for pregnancy with any of the pregnancy test kits like I-can, velocit. If positive then only you need to consider abortion.

Take care.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Procedures
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an OBGYN

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor