Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
157 Doctors are Online

Had unprotected sex. Blood test done. What test should be done to detect HIV?

May 2013
User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by
Practicing since : 2006
Answered : 4909 Questions
The last time i had sex the condom broke and i am worried i have an std. 1 month after the sexual encounter i got a blood test to see if i have mono and i did. Would the blood test they did tell them if i had hiv or anything or should i get tested.
Posted Fri, 10 May 2013 in Sexually Transmitted Diseases
Answered by Dr. Sree Gouri SR 28 minutes later
Thanks for the query.

If you mentioned that you want to be tested for HIV or any others infections, they will do all the mentioned investigations.
As you consulted them voluntarily, they will possibly inform you if there is any abnormality in the blood tests.
If you didn't mention that particular test in your requisition form, then they may not do it.
And you may have to go for that investigation separately.
Hope I have answered your query. I will be available to answer your follow up queries. If you are satisfied with all my answer, please rate the answer after closing the discussion.
Take care.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Sexual Diseases

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor