Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
156 Doctors are Online

Had sinus pressure around eyes. Diagnosed with sinusitis and taking decongestants regularly. Blocked ears and blurry vision. Worried?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Orthopaedic Surgeon
Practicing since : 1998
Answered : 5165 Questions
I have had sinus pressure around eye for weeks. WEnt to the doctor was told sinusitis. Been inhaling and taking decongestants regulrly. The pressure round my eye is better but now keep getting blocked ears along with dizziness, shaking episodes with hands and a feeling of weakness in my right arm with visual disturbances such as floaters and and blurry vision from time to time. I also have a yellow furred tongue decreased sense of small and dry mouth and been experiencing anxiety/panic attacks. is this all my siniusitis or should I be worried about something else??
Posted Wed, 30 Oct 2013 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Answered by Dr. Vaibhav Gandhi 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Yes symptoms suggest sinusitis

Detailed Answer:

I have studied your case,

All other symptoms suggest sinusitis but anxiety and panic attacks are not usually associated with anxiety or panic attacks.
You need to continue antibiotic and decongestant.
Check your blood pressure and maintain your proper diet for early recovery.
Anxiety and panic attacks may be due to side effects of some medication you are taking, talk with your treating doctor regarding that.

Take steam inhalation and warm water gargle with betadine/tantrum solution.
For early recovery drink plenty of water, eat easily digestible food, improve immunity, and take fruit juices and soups.
If required then you may need to do blood investigation to rule out other infection.

Hope this answers your query. If you have additional questions or follow up queries then please do not hesitate in writing to us. I will be happy to answer your queries.

Wishing you good health.

Take care.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an ENT Specialist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor