Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
174 Doctors are Online

Had sex during period, then had unprotected sex. Now feeling sick and vomiting. Pregnant?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by
Practicing since : 1983
Answered : 979 Questions
please helpI started my period 11/25/2011 and I did have sex while on my period it ended on 12/3/2011 I had unprotected sex the 1st 2 nd 3rd 4th 5th 6th 7th and 8th now I have been feeling very sick I vomited Thursday and I'm still feeling very sick to my stomach
Posted Wed, 18 Apr 2012 in Pregnancy
Answered by Dr. Minoo Bhagia 7 hours later

Thanks for the query.

Since you had unprotected sex on so many days, pregnancy cannot be ruled out completely. You have to wait till 25th of December (your periods) to confirm it.

With regard to nausea and sick feeling, you can try tablet doxylamine along with proton pump inhibitor which is safe in pregnancy. You can get these drugs with a prescription from your doctor.

Hope I have answered your query. Any further query is most welcome.

Take care
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: Had sex during period, then had unprotected sex. Now feeling sick and vomiting. Pregnant? 36 hours later
I have been feeling sick the headaches are bad also all the sickness and headaches started on December 8th and im still feeling the same
Answered by Dr. Minoo Bhagia 4 hours later

For headache you can take paracetamol and get your blood hCG (Human Chorionic Gonadotropin) levels done.
Sickness can be due to other causes also like gastritis, stress, exhaustion etc. for which you can take an antacid like Pantoprazole under your doctor's prescription.

Please do not worry. Take adequate rest for a day or two. Drink plenty of fluids including fresh fruit juices. You will be fine soon.

Any further query is most welcome. Hope I answered all your questions. Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries. Wish you Good Health.

Take care.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an OBGYN

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor