What causes persistent fatigue and nausea while on Doxylamine and Mucinex?
I think these are all consequences of the meds I take at night (either wearing off in the afternoon or lasting into the first part of the day)
I Take isocarboxazid (Marplan) 30-40 mgs so I need to take regular sleep meds. 50 mgs trazodone and 150mgs gabapentin. I also take .25 mgs klonopin at night and another half of that in the afternoon. I have been taking it to offset irritability and cognitive fog that comes from psych meds or whatever.
At night I also take descovy and Issentris for HIV.
In the morning I take 100 mg lamictal and 500 mg agmatine sulfate as a supplement. Around noon I take my first Marplan. If irritability or "hypomania" comes in the afternoon (it usually does) I take a small amount of klonopin and 50 mgs lamictal. Agmatine also helps with focus and hypomania and concentration. I take my remaining 20 mg of Marplan before bed
I have had a cold for almost over 2 weeks but those symptoms are almost gone. I've been taking 50 mgs doxylamine at night and mucinex every 8 hrs.
Welcome and thanks for your query.
As you have suspected, your symptoms are likely to be due to the interaction between your medications. Marplan and Doxylamine have adverse interaction and can produce tiredness. Mucinex produces GI side effects.
Now that your cold is better, try reducing these medicines and see whether you feel better.
Do get back to me if you have further questions.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Diarrhea fatigue nausea at 38 weeks
- Can leukemia cause persistent fatigue, weakness?
- Fatigue nausea dizziness no fever
- Weak fatigue nausea shaky
- Diagnosis of sleepy fatigue nausea
- Symptoms of sleepy fatigue nausea
- Sleepy fatigue nausea causes
- Treatment and cure for sleepy fatigue nausea
- Night sweats fatigue nausea
- Causes of extreme fatigue nausea aches
- Can hepatitis C be cured?
- Does tonsillitis cause systemic infection or UTI?
- Suggest treatment for liver cirrhosis
- What causes pain in right side and pain radiating to lower back?
- What causes sharp pain in rib cage below shoulder blade?
- What causes rhythmic contraction of the diaphragm?
- What is the treatment for radiculopathy?
- Is Zentel to be taken before or after a meal?
- What causes pain in upper abdomen radiating to left side?
- How long Lupron injections need to be continued for prostate cancer?