Had norovirus. Started vomiting, feeling weak and headache with fever. Should I be worried?

Dr. Pavan Kumar Gupta

Posted on Thu, 7 Feb 2013 in General Health
Question: I recently had Norovirus (I caught it from a friend whose work conference all came down with it, and the CDC confirmed the virus as the source of the illness at the conference). I have been over the vomiting and fever for three days, but am still very weak and I have a headache. Here is my concern: I find that my scalp is incredibly sensitive. It hurts even when I am not touching it, and "burns" when I do touch it. That seems abnormal for a reaction to a stomach virus. I am 31, female, and normally in good health. Should I be worried that this is temporal arteritis??
Answered by Dr. Pavan Kumar Gupta 2 hours later
There is absolutely no co relation of norovirus with scalp pain.
Such type of scalp pain are generally due to the local skin conditions like ringworm or seborrhic dermatitis.
If your scalp pain is there just for past three days,then it could be because of general fatigue or some possible electrolyte disturbance.In such a case,it should be all right in few days time.But if the problem is there since before this norovirus infection,then the cause has to be found out.
Other causes of such a scalp pain,in the absence of local skin conditions,are stress,anxiety and depression.
In such a case you may have to consult a doctor and subject yourself for the examination and investigation.
I hope it helps however you may revert to me for any further query.
Best of luck
Thanks