Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
139 Doctors are Online

Had labyrinthitis. Experiencing strain in neck, pain in back and arm. Should I see a ENT specialist or a neurologist?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 1978
Answered : 6714 Questions
i have had labyrinthitis twic now and the second time i experienced like a strain in my neck wich hasnt gone ever since.
i now have pain in my back and also my arm , my vertigo is not as severe but it;s still there and i have discomfort(pain) in my ears sometimes.
my doctor said to me it is a virus but i am getting worried
what's your advice on that doctor? shpuld i see a ENT specialist or a neurologist?
Posted Sun, 7 Oct 2012 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Answered by Dr. Pavan Kumar Gupta 3 hours later
Thanks for the query.
I need certain informations from you so that I am in better position to reply.
Since when you are having this problem ?
When did the last bout of labrynthitis ocurred to you?
Are your symptoms worse on movement of head?
Are there any other medical problems?
What are the medications being taken?
Have you got any CT or MRI skull done?
Is your pain in back and arm present since you had labrynthitis?
Do you take alcohol or do smoking?
Do you sit on computer for very long?

Waiting for your reply.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an ENT Specialist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor