Had inguinal hernia surgery. Having lower back pain and cramping feeling near the incison site. Any thoughts?
Thanks for posting your query.
A pain and cramping feeling near the scar line can be due to a local skin infection near the scar or a keloid formation. A direct examination of the area for exact diagnosis. Doing a hot fomentation might help in reducing the symptoms. Systemic antibiotics and back pain is not likely to be associated with the scar infection.
It happens most commonly due to myofascial syndromes due to a wrong body posture. Adequate rest, pain killers, hot fomentation , Back strengthening exercises and improvising your posture will be helpful.
I hope this answers your query.
In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Wishing you good health.
Dr. Praveen Tayal.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Precautions after inguinal hernia surgery
- Open inguinal hernia surgery
- Indirect inguinal hernia surgery
- Inguinal hernia surgery mesh
- Inguinal hernia lower back pain
- Feeling tired after inguinal hernia surgery
- Inguinal hernia surgery scar
- Inguinal hernia surgery and impotence
- Inguinal hernia back pain
- Inguinal hernia surgery chat