Had celestone injection for an allergic reaction. Could I consume alcohol?

Dr. Ivan R. Rommstein

General Surgeon

Posted on Tue, 26 Nov 2013 in Asthma and Allergy
Question: I had a celestone injection on saturday at midnight for an allergic reaction I had to an otc product I took for a sinus infection I was just wondering how long do I need to wait before having a few drinks?
Answered by Dr. Ivan R. Rommstein 11 minutes later
Brief Answer: Hi and welcome to XXXXXXX Detailed Answer: Thanks for the query. Some serious side effects are not reported,but it is not advisable to use celestone injections and alcohol at the same time since it may increase the risk of stomach ulcer and decrease efficiency of celestone. "At the same time" means that you should wait 48 hours before you take alcohol. After that time it is safe to drink,but not excessively of course:) If you notice any symptom such as stomach pain,vomiting, nausea or dizziness,you should visit doctor. Wish you good health. Feel free to ask. Regards