Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
157 Doctors are Online

Had bouts where hands will shake for no reason and have tingling sensation in arm. Started getting dizzy

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Internal Medicine Specialist
Practicing since : 2005
Answered : 509 Questions
Over the past few years I've had occasional bouts where my hands will shake for no reason and I'll have a tingling/burning sensation going down my right arm. Lately though I've started getting dizzy as well. What is happening to me?
Posted Tue, 23 Jul 2013 in Brain and Spine
Answered by Dr. Omer 1 hour later

I am Dr.Omer and I am here to help you with your query.

As you have said that that you are a female of 29 years , having a long term problem for years in right arm with pain/burning/tingling sensation , and getting dizzy.

Following will be the plausible cause.


In many people , there is an extra rib , attached to your lower part of your neck , normally there is no rib in the neck.

That rib when present on the right side of the neck causes compression of nerves of right arm , and produces these tingling/burning sensation in your right arm uptil fingers ( as your arm has slept).

When you look to the left side , your symptoms will increase ?

In the right shoulder and arm pit there is a network of nerves supplying the right arm , and this network of nerves is known as brachial plexus , pressure produced by extra rib above and below on these nerves cause your symptoms.

The extra rib in your lower part of the neck also cause dizziness , while you are walking , or getting above from bed and this is known as cervical dizziness , as the extra rib also produces pressure on your neck spinal cord.

If you get a normal chest and neck x-ray , any doctor can pick up an extra rib on your right side , different nerve stabilizing drugs can decrease your arm symptoms+dizziness.

I hope this explains your query in detail.

Feel free to ask any further questions.

Take care,

Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Lab Tests
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Neurologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor