Owl Image

Had a treatment for yeast infection. Now getting clump of mucus. Chances of recurrence?

Owl Image
Dr. Asra Ishtiaq Ahmed

OBGYN

Question
I had a yeast infection as my last period was ending and treated it with Monistat 1. It is now day 13 of my cycle and when I wiped this morning I saw a clump of mucus that had some orange coloring to it. Other than the orange, it looked like the typical mucus plug/clump of mucus that happens around this time in my cycle each month. There is no itching or burning or foul smelling odor. Should I be concerned about the orange coloring in it this morning? What could be causing this?
Mon, 17 Dec 2012 in Women's Health

Answered by Dr. Asra Ishtiaq Ahmed 44 minutes later
Hello there,

To be precise, the answer to your question is NO.

The orange coloring could be due to streak of fresh blood and is a cause of concern only if it persists or increases in amount.

Normal discharge mucoid in consistency appears at ovulation. During this time slight spotting can also occur which is normal and due to effect of hormones.
Discharge combined with spotting might appear as orange color.

Since there is no foul odour or burning sensation, I presume your fungal condition has been treated.

So you need not worry. If this orange discharge persists beyond a week, then you need to visit a gynecologist for a local examination.

I hope I have answered your query.