Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
121 Doctors are Online
Ask a Dentist   »  

Gum ulcers. Prescribed calvepen. Is it prescribed only for sore throat?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Orthopaedic Surgeon
Practicing since : 1994
Answered : 10460 Questions
Is Calvepen only prescribed for sore throats. i was prescribed it for an ulser in my gum
Posted Wed, 23 May 2012 in Dental Health
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 3 hours later
Thanks for posting your query.
Clavepen contains amoxycyllin and clavulanic acid and is effective for all gram positive bacterial infections. It can be a sore throat, upper respiratory infection, wound infection or a mouth ulcer. It is the most commonly used antibiotic for prophylactic purposes.
You can take it for your ulcer in the gum in combination with an antibiotic for anaerobic flora like secnidazole or metronidazole. In case there is no active infection present then it can be taken alone for prophylactic purposes.
I hope this answers your query.
In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Wishing you good health.
Dr. Praveen Tayal.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Dentist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor