Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
197 Doctors are Online

Got pills called 'delay' to prevent premature ejaculation. Recommendation?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 1978
Answered : 6714 Questions
I got pills called 'delay' to prevent my premature ejaculation, are these pills any good?
Posted Thu, 4 Jul 2013 in Premature Ejaculation
Answered by Dr. Pavan Kumar Gupta 2 hours later
Thanks for the query.
There are many types of medicines which are used for premature ejaculation.
These belong to the class of anti depressants like PAROXETINE,FLOXETINE,DAPOXETINE ETC,but the fact of matter is that none of these medicines are FDA approved.
I don't know the contents of this tablet called as delay.
You can write back to me about the contents of this medicine.

The other important point is whether a person has premature ejaculation or not.
Whenever a young patient like you comes to my clinic,I always try to find out the cause behind it,because most of th times,it is due to anxiety,stress etc.
Some times hypothyroidism can also cause this.
PE is said to be there,if you ejaculate within a minute of penetration.
If some body is actually having a PE,then a combination of treatment like specific exercises,counselling and medications are advised.

Since you are very young,I would advise you to try to avoid it,as it may lead to dependence on them and you would start needing it every time you go for sex.
I hope it helps however you may revert to me for any further query.
Best of luck
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: Got pills called 'delay' to prevent premature ejaculation. Recommendation? 6 minutes later
I always ejeaculate within 2 minutes if sex and its very embarrassing and don't know what else to do. It's embarrassing enough that I've a small penis and add PE ontop of this I just try to do what I can to prevent it
Also is there anyway of making the penis bigger?
Answered by Dr. Pavan Kumar Gupta 1 hour later
I am addressing your 2nd question first.
A small penis or micropenis is defined as any penis less than 7 cm in size in erect state and normally formed.
A survey done by sexologist revealed that more than 99% people who complained that their penis size is small ,were of normal size.
Basically it is matter of perception and should be ignored.
There are various surgical and other strengthening ways which can increase the size of penis,but they are all very complicated and full of complications.
As far your PE is concerned,I would advise you to do following....
Do regular exercises and do yoga along with deep breathing exercises.
Do the thrusting ,while doing sex,slowly.
Using double condoms
Masturbating 2 to 3 hours before sex.
Adopt a stop and start technique. At the time of sex,the moment you feel that you are going to ejaculate,you and your partner stop it totally,lie still and resume again,once ejaculation  feelings go away .
Try these methods for 2 months.
If you fail,then take the help of a sex therapist.
Best of luck
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Psychiatrist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor