Owl Image

Got itchy bumps after hemorrhoid surgery. Not cured by lidocaine ointment. Is this normal?

Question
I had Hemorrhoid surgery in mid July of this year. My post surgery check up was fine and the Doctor told me the bumps I had where the hemorrhoids were normal. But after healing and 5 months later the bumps are just as iritating as the hemorrhoids. There is no bleeding, but the itching is just as bad at times. If I put some of the Lidocaine Ointment on the bumps it will relieve the itch. Is this a normal reaction that some people have to deal with after this type of surgery?
Fri, 4 Jan 2013 in General Health

Answered by Dr. Ram Choudhary 1 hour later
Hi XXXXXXX ..
Welcome to Healthcare Magic!
It is not normal to have any discomfort at anal reason after the hemorrhoids surgery, even if it is there, you should get relief from it by a review.
There may be excess local scarring or recurrence of the piles or just irritating local nerves.
It can be corrected with small local surgery/injections according to the cause find out on local examination.
I hope the advise would be helpful for you.