Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps

187 Doctors Online
Doctor Image
Dr. Andrew Rynne

Family Physician

Exp 18 years

I will be looking into your question and guiding you through the process. Please write your question below.

Got hit on ear and have hearing problem. What treatment should be done?

Answered by
Dr. Kaushik K Murthy


Practicing since :2006

Answered : 338 Questions

Posted on Sat, 15 Dec 2012 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Question: Hello.

I slapped my wife and for over a year she has ear problem and cannot hear anymore on this, we have visited some doctors and i dont think they are expert, They keep giving some ear drops etc, I really geting fedup. Can i fly here to what country for treatment pls.

Answered by Dr. Kaushik K Murthy 2 hours later

Thanks for writing to us.

I went through your query, understood the problem and the ailment. The trauma to the ear might have caused the rupture of the tympanic membrane, which is a thin sheath responsible for transmission of the sound impulses. This might have disrupted the middle ear structures and might have led to hearing loss. However, before confirming this, some tests like audiometry is required to find out the cause and nature of hearing loss.

I am writing to you from India, Bangalore. Here we have many famous hospitals like M S RAMAIAH MEMORIAL HOSPITALS, COLUMBIA ASIA HOSPITALS, MANIPAL HOSPITALS, FORTIS HOSPITALS, ST.JOHNS HOSPITALS etc. All are well renowned hospitals. I am sure you will find a solution to your problem in our country.

I will be glad to have your review. Hope I have answered your query.

Thank you.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Mohammed Kappan
Follow up: Dr. Kaushik K Murthy 28 hours later

Can she hear again from the Danmage Ears
Answered by Dr. Kaushik K Murthy 9 hours later

Thanks for following up.

Correction of the hearing loss depends upon the type and the intensity of the damage and the nature of the hearing loss. This can be confirmed after thorough examination and running few tests which is best dealt with by the EAR NOSE THROAT (ENT) specialists at the respectable hospitals.

Near normal restoration of hearing can be achieved by the help of hearing aids or hearing implants. The results can only be best told after examining the subject.

Hope I have answered your query. I will be available to assist you further if you have any more queries.
Please close this discussion if all your queries are answered.


Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Prasad

The User accepted the expert's answer

Share on
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions ,  
Lab Tests

Recent questions on Audiometry

doctor1 MD

Hi, Since past 7 months I am experiencing Tinnitus in my right ear with partial hearing loss. Though I have consulted many doctors & taken advised medication for the same (no cancer detected in Brain MRI, Audiometry Tests show almost 60% hearing loss, Complemina Retard continued for almost 3 months), yet the problem still persists. I do not feel any nausea / headache / dizzy / anything else. I wanted to know if this is curable at all and if so then what are kinds of treatments options available ? Thanks in advance. Regards, Nitin

doctor1 MD

i am bank employee aged 52 years. i had severe migrain problem and consumed quite dosage of vasograin. my left ear hearing capacity has reduced a lot. audiometry results shows 40% loss. bioicobal forte inj is suggested of 3 doses of 2 ml. how this injection helps in reducing hearing loss

doctor1 MD

My 83 year old father has hearing loss. His test results show :

Impedence audiometry : 'A' type tynup with NR

Audiological Interpretation : Right ear - medsev,

Left ear - Mod SN HL

He is very confused on the type of hearing aid to be used. Can you reccommend?

doctor1 MD

The problem of ear clogging and pain started whenever I used cell phone for a long duration for an hour or so . Now my ear starts clogging even when the just pick up the cell phone and hear a sound. Of late I feel my ears clogg also when I talk over the landline . This was not the case earlier. My audiometry results show normal only a slight abnormality in the left ear but otherwise my ears are healthy per ENT doctor . Please advise

doctor1 MD

I ve been having some dizziness . The most powerful incident was while driving about a month ago and the whole visual field of the road and trees were spinning sideways like after a hangover. I haven t had a hangover in 35 years and do not...

doctor1 MD

What surgical options exist for a severe autophony problem in the right ear ? I have been seeing an ENT doctor for the past year, and had consults with two inner ear specialists this year, and all they keep telling me is to get a hearing aid...

doctor1 MD

I have a feeling of being in a tunnel. my ears feel like they need to pop but won't and I can hardly hear people on the phone. what is the best over the counter medicine to take. YYYY@YYYY