Got hit on ear and have hearing problem. What treatment should be done?

Dr. Kaushik K Murthy

Pediatrician

Posted on Sat, 15 Dec 2012 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Question: Hello.

I slapped my wife and for over a year she has ear problem and cannot hear anymore on this, we have visited some doctors and i dont think they are expert, They keep giving some ear drops etc, I really geting fedup. Can i fly here to what country for treatment pls.

Thanks
XXXXXXX
Answered by Dr. Kaushik K Murthy 2 hours later
Hello XXXXXXX,

I went through your query, understood the problem and the ailment. The trauma to the ear might have caused the rupture of the tympanic membrane, which is a thin sheath responsible for transmission of the sound impulses. This might have disrupted the middle ear structures and might have led to hearing loss. However, before confirming this, some tests like audiometry is required to find out the cause and nature of hearing loss.

I am writing to you from India, Bangalore. Here we have many famous hospitals like M S RAMAIAH MEMORIAL HOSPITALS, COLUMBIA ASIA HOSPITALS, MANIPAL HOSPITALS, FORTIS HOSPITALS, ST.JOHNS HOSPITALS etc. All are well renowned hospitals. I am sure you will find a solution to your problem in our country.

I will be glad to have your review. Hope I have answered your query.

Thank you.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Mohammed Kappan
Follow up: Dr. Kaushik K Murthy 28 hours later
Hello.

Can she hear again from the Danmage Ears
Answered by Dr. Kaushik K Murthy 9 hours later
Dear XXXXXXX,

Thanks for following up.

Correction of the hearing loss depends upon the type and the intensity of the damage and the nature of the hearing loss. This can be confirmed after thorough examination and running few tests which is best dealt with by the EAR NOSE THROAT (ENT) specialists at the respectable hospitals.

Near normal restoration of hearing can be achieved by the help of hearing aids or hearing implants. The results can only be best told after examining the subject.

Hope I have answered your query. I will be available to assist you further if you have any more queries.
Please close this discussion if all your queries are answered.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Prasad