Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
131 Doctors are Online

Given medicines ceftum and emeset for gall bladder stone. Having severe pain. Took spasma proxyvon. What should I do?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Internal Medicine Specialist
Practicing since : 2007
Answered : 339 Questions
hello drs

My wife was admited for gall bladder stone and after ct scan and sonography she was discharged after hospitalisation of 4 days on last tues day and she was found stone of sand size and given a medicines ceftum twice a day /pan40 twice a day and emeset sos for 5 day .she was fine till now but she got a sever pain suddenly in gall bladder again what should i do
i have given her spasma proxyvon one @ 11m and now again when she was in pain and pan 40 @ 11 now again when she was in pain wd one cycopam please revert me on - YYYY@YYYY

uploading images not possible . Is it a life treating pian .Shd i admite her the hospital again and how soon and can revert asap

or can help me with some medicine
Posted Mon, 17 Jun 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Maruti Karale 2 hours later

Thank you for query.

Gall bladder stone with pain and other symptoms require operative management.

Spasmoproxyvon and pan 40 can only gives symptomatic relief. I want to know in sonography and CT scan is COMMON BILE DUCT normal,also is blood liver function test done if yes what is alkaline phosphatse levels.

For now what medication you are taking is fine please visit your consulting surgeon as early as possible for operative management.

Hope this will help.

Thank you.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Lab Tests

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Doctor Now

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor