Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
192 Doctors are Online

Getting sore throat and runny nose after unprotected sex. Am I at the risks of STD?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Internal Medicine Specialist
Practicing since : 2000
Answered : 1417 Questions
Hi i recently had unprotected sex 2 days ago, but before he came i took it out and put it inside my mouth. i took the morning after pill 9 hours later. however, today i have woken up and have a terrible sore throat and have a runny nose. i am terrified i have caught something. do you think i have an std?
Posted Fri, 16 Nov 2012 in Sexually Transmitted Diseases
Answered by Dr. Sudhir 25 minutes later

If there is no focal rash, ulcer or eruption kind of thing in oral cavity, then I would first like to consider possibility of regular throat infection rather than STD. You can try few things like warm salt water gargles, steam inhalation, antihistaminics and if symptoms increase then course of antibiotics. These are likely to relieve your symptoms.

If after this symptoms continue then you can get tested for STD. But I think that possibility is comparatively less likely.

Hope this answers your question. Please ask if there are doubts.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Sexual Diseases

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor