Getting red spots near ankle and having pain. Could it be varicose veins?

Dr. Sudarshan

Dermatologist

Posted on Wed, 9 Jan 2013 in Pigmentation Problems
Question: I have started getting red spots near my ankle , after some time the skin becomes blackish . Is it varicose vain . If I stand long at one place , I start having pain . what medicine I should take and the precautions . I am allergic to brufen
Answered by Dr. Sudarshan 1 hour later
Thanks for writing in.
The condition you are suffering from can purpura, venous stasis, varicose eczema .
Also I would like to know-
Is there any itching ?
Do you have any other health issues or drugs on daily basis?
Is it spreading or stationary?

Can you upload photos of the affected area?
Photographs can help a lot to predict the condition.
Hope this helps.
I will be available for follow up .Upload the photographs and answer the questions to help you better.
Dr XXXXXXX
MD dermatologist