Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps

128 Doctors Online
Owl Image
Dr. Andrew Rynne

Family Physician

Exp 18 years

I will be looking into your question and guiding you through the process. Please write your question below.

Getting headache, hearing whooshing sound and feeling dizzy. What am I suffering from?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

ENT Specialist
Practicing since : 2001
Answered : 2363 Questions
Hi I get a head ache right behind my right ear for aweek or to a month. I also hear wooshing sounds and a weird sound that kind of sounds like bee. I am also having a hard time hearing low sounds. Do u know what it could be? I also sometimes feel dizzie
Fri, 4 Jan 2013 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Answered by Dr. Naveen Kumar 3 hours later

Thanks for the query

The symptoms you have described seem to be of either chronic mastoiditis or chronic suppurative otitis media (CSOM) which requires a complete evaluation of the ear. Apart from that, migraine also has to be ruled out.

Any long standing infection in the middle ear can present as occasional pain behind the ear, reduced hearing and tinnitus (whooshing in the ear), dizziness, etc. The most common causes include chronic mastoiditis with or without ear discharge and CSOM. Both of these conditions require a complete examination of the ear followed by audiological and radiological evaluation to substantiate the same.

Migraine is another condition which is very common in adolescent females. The classical features include one sided headache lasting for few hours to days, tenderness over the affected side, noise in the ear, nausea, dizziness, etc.

Consult a good ENT specialist for a complete evaluation and management.

Hope I have answered your queries; I will be available for the follow-up queries.

Dr. Naveen Kumar N.
ENT and Head & Neck Surgeon
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an ENT Specialist