Get secretion from eyes while blowing nose. Need to have sinus surgery?

Dr. Ganesh Sanap

Radiologist

Posted on Tue, 29 Jan 2013 in Headache and Migraines
Question: If I blow my nose it comes out of my eyes. Do I need sinus surgery?
Answered by Dr. Ganesh Sanap 3 hours later

It's not possible that after blowing your nose, the secretions come out through the eyes unless and until there is severe trauma, which causes fractures of the floor of the orbit.

Most probably you are having severe sinusitis which is causing fullness in the frontal sinuses. You must consult ENT Specialist for proper examination. If necessary, few investigations may be done like X-ray PNS and CT Scan PNW. However it can be decided after clinical examination too.

Hope I have addressed your query. If you have further concerns, please let me know.

Regards.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Shanthi.E