Suggest treatment for sneezing, runny nose and sore sinuses

Dr. Muhammad Sareer Khalil

Posted on Fri, 10 Mar 2017 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Question: I been sick for almost 2 weeks start sneezing runny nose sore sinuses... that lasted few days .....I been feeling I'll tired and weak....low energy... I feel like my head is stuff although no more runny nose my ears feel stuffed my neck and back hurt no fever
Answered by Dr. Muhammad Sareer Khalil 3 hours later
Brief Answer:
Explained

Detailed Answer:
Hello and Welcome

I appreciate your concern

Based on your description, its most likely a case of frontal sinusitis. Para nasal x ray can be advised for confirmation to look for haziness in the sinuses , if needed. Nasal decongestants and oral antibiotics like moxifloxacin can be advised for two weeks as part of the treatment regimen. The stuffiness feeling and heaviness can be related to the sinusitis. Pseudoephedrine with ibuprofen can be taken for symptomatic relief related to sinus pain/congestion.

Wishing you best of health

Thanks

Let me know if you have any query

Please consult your doctor before deciding on any further course of action.

For future follow up / correspondence you may ask me directly at the link given below

http://doctor.healthcaremagic.com/Funnel?page=askDoctorDirectly&docId=68107

Dr. M.S. Khalil
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Raju A.T