Get itchiness inside eyes and white matter accumulating in corner. What is it?

Dr. Dadapeer K

Ophthalmologist

Posted on Tue, 10 Dec 2013 in Vision and Eye Disorders
Question: Hi I'm XXXXX age 26 work in IT industry. often I find itching in my eyes inner corner and some white material get accumulated in day time at outer corner of eyes. I'm suffering from hair problems also.
Answered by Dr. Dadapeer K 8 hours later
Brief Answer: IT SEEMS LIKE ALLERGIC CONJUNCTIVITIS. Detailed Answer: Hello Welcome to Health Care Magic Iam Dr. Dadapeer, an Ophthalmologist and I answer health problems related to eyes. It seems from the history that you are having itching in the inner corner of the eyes along with accumulation of white material at the corner of the eyes associated with hair problems. The symptoms which you you have mentioned indicate allergic conjunctivitis or blepharo conjunctivitis of the eyes. The allergic conjunctivitis often presents with itching and ropy mucucs discharge sometimes associated with hair problems like dandruff and other allergic symptoms affecting other organs also. Since you are working in IT industry where you will be using computers you can also have associated dryness of the eyes which can also present with same symptoms. The treatment is by frequent use of artificial tears frequently for about 4 to 6 times a day and use of anti allergic preparations like olapatadine. If the symptoms does not reduce in severity then you require examination once by a eye specialist and under his supervision steroid eye drops may be required. Hope I have answered your query. With Regards Dr. Dadapeer K
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Raju A.T
Follow up: Dr. Dadapeer K 2 hours later
Thank you Dr. Could you please suggest me the medicine for artificial tear and olapatadine?
Answered by Dr. Dadapeer K 9 minutes later
Brief Answer: Artificial tears and Anti allergic medications. Detailed Answer: Hello Thank you for the follow up query. You can use artificial tear drops like eye fresh tears or refresh tears 3 to 4 times a day and olapatadine is available by the same name and it has to be used two times a day. You can use them for one two weeks as advised and if the symptoms does not decrease need consultation by ophthalmologist. Hope I have answered your query. Thank you
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Vaishalee Punj
Follow up: Dr. Dadapeer K 48 minutes later
Thank you doctor :)
Answered by Dr. Dadapeer K 1 minute later
Brief Answer: Thank you Detailed Answer Thankyou for consulting With regards Dr. Dadapeer K