Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
165 Doctors are Online

Genital skin tag, uncomfortable. Treatment?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Practicing since : 2006
Answered : 520 Questions
Genital Skin Tag?
About a week ago, I noticed a small (per 1/4 inch) growth in my groin area. It was sort of pointy in nature. the base was dark and the top was reddish in color. It is very uncomfortable because it gets irritated when I walk. My own research suggests that it is some sort of genital skin tag, but I'm not sure. Most of the pictures I have seen of genital skin tags seem a bit different. Should I be concerned? Should I have it removed? Will it go away?
Posted Tue, 22 May 2012 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Gaurang Krishna 2 hours later
Hello ,
Thanks for writing in.

this could either be a skin tag/achrochordon or a wart.
Both have a similar presentation but can be easily distinguished by an expert.

can you please upload apic of the growth on the query page using the upload your reports feature. It will give me a better insight into your problem.

I shall then suggest you the best way forward.

Awaiting your response

Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Dermatologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor