Found a lump on the leg. X-ray and ultrasound is to be done. What could this be?
Thanks for posting your query.
This large bony lump over XXXXXXX of your daughter is most probably being an exostosis (ostochondroma).
Exostosis is an abnormal benign bony outgrowth on the surface of bone.
As you had said that there is in addition two smaller lumps present over leg, so it might be a case of multiple hereditary exostosis.
Diagnosis of exostosis in most of cases is confirmed on x-rays, but in some cases CT scan required.
Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if you have more concerns.
Thanks for writing back.
Average age of diagnosis for multiple hereditary exostosis is 3 years. These smaller lumps are common in this. They increase in size and number with growth till maturity.
Appearance of these lumps after she bumped her leg may be an incidental finding.
Yes this is something that would have happened anyway even if she didn't bump her leg.
Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if you have any more concerns.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Ultrasound on underarm lump thyroid
- Has dark patches in pelvic ultrasound what could it be
- Ultrasound done what could be understood from the report
- Had breast x-rays followed by ultrasound then biopsies anything serious
- Lump armpit ultrasound dark
- Painful foot done x ray and ultrasound what is wrong
- Bleeding during pregnancy ultrasound done what could it be
- What could adenomyosis shown in pelvic ultrasound indicate
- Lump in the throat found during ultrasound
- What are ultrasounds
- Is SAAZ an effective medicine for Sacroilitis? Any alternate medicine?
- Suffering from external hemroids. Having irregular bowel movement and...
- What is knee resurfacing surgery? Can a person lead a normal life?
- Having soreness in arm. MRI of shoulder and knee done. What does the...
- Suffering with back pain. What should I do to get cure?
- Suffering from back pain. How to get relief?
- Having continuous pain in hand. How to get relief from pain?
- Have had fracture in ribs. Had a small pneumothorax. Why am I feeling...
- Found a lump on the leg. X-ray and ultrasound is to be done. What could...
- Is it safe to take vyvanse 100mg prior to surgery?