Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
169 Doctors are Online

Felt a popping sound in sits bone area. No bruising. Have soreness in inner thigh area. Should I see a doctor?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2004
Answered : 540 Questions
During my yoga practice I was going into front splits and felt a popping sound in sits bone area and fell further into pose. This happened yesterday and no bruising but that area and inner thigh are sore. Should I see a doctor? I don't think I tore my hamstring. Had massage and pain went away but came back.
Posted Mon, 26 Aug 2013 in Men's Health
Answered by Dr. Sujeet N Charugulla 55 minutes later
Hello and thanks for your query.

I shall make an effort to provide you with good professional recommendations specific to your questions.

Yes, you should see the family physician at once. Sounds may or may not indicate a tear of any ligament or tendon in the body but with the description of the event that lead to your present pain curtails a good look at your legs and associated joints in entirety. You may need some pain killers along with some anti-inflammatory medications to relieve this pain for some days.

Another good step would be to alter your yoga routine with an expert to suit your body. All the poses may not suit you, but you could continue with those that do to prevent instances like these from recurring.

Let me know if I have missed out any other concern in your question.

Yet again, I duly appreciate your query to me, I do hope that you have found something useful to help you and I shall be glad to answer any further apprehensions.


Dr Sujeet N Charugulla,
Consultant Physician.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an Internal Med Specialist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor