Owl Image

Fell down and landed on back. Feeling of soreness in knee and ankle. Any advice?

Question
Hello I was drunk and really stupidly jumped off a second story balcony I landed straight down and my bum went to my heels motion straight down my right knee and ankle are now really sore I felt the pain straight away and went to be I can bend my knee with only a little pain but when I straighten it the back of my knee really hurts and cannot fully extend it if I turn my foot to the left I can extend it a little further than if my foot was straight could i please have your advice thanks
Thu, 7 Feb 2013 in Bones, Muscles and Joints

Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 17 minutes later

Based on the injury and the painful movements you have I suspect you to have a Ligament injury in the knee joint.

I suggest you to consult an Orthopedician who can examine your knee and ascertain the exact ligament involved and advice specific treatment.

Meanwhile do apply a CREPE bandage over the affected joint and apply painkiller like DICLOFENAC gel twice daily without massaging the affected part.

Hope I answered your query.

Please do let me know if there are any other concerns.