Get your health question answered instantly from our pool of 18000+ doctors from over 80 specialties

139 Doctors Online
Doctor Image
Dr. Andrew Rynne

Family Physician

Exp 50 years

I will be looking into your question and guiding you through the process. Please write your question below.

Feeling pain and uncomfortable on testicle. What is causing this and cure?

Answered by
Dr. Raju A.T

General & Family Physician

Practicing since :2008

Answered : 3909 Questions

Posted on Thu, 13 Dec 2012 in Testicle Problems
Question: I am a generally healthy male 64. I have larger than normal prostate but no serious symptoms. Cancer needle biopsy and MRI are negative and periodical PSA is about 5. One week ago, I stopped in the middle of ejaculation. A day later, I felt uneasiness on the left testicle. Now, I have a dull pain and uncomfortable feeling on the backside of left testicle and also pressure on perineum when I am sitting. And the whole area seems warmer than usual. I have been ejaculating a few times a week since I heard that it helps to prevent prostate cancer. I wonder if the sudden stop of ejaculation may have caused damage or inflammation to spermatic duct or other damages to the surrounding areas. I very much appreciate your advice and guidance. Thank you. XXXXXXX.
Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 3 hours later

Thanks for your query.

I would like to know some more details on your problem to understand better and opine specifically.

When did you undergo the biopsy test?
After how long did you start experiencing the symptoms since you had an improper ejaculation?
Do you have fever?
Are the testicles tender to touch?
Are you on any medications?

Waiting for your reply,


Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Prasad
Follow up: Dr. Raju A.T 1 hour later
Thank you for the follow up. I had the needle biopsy in August 2010. And MRI in March 2012 since PSA went up from 4.9 to 6.7. But it came down to 5.0 in July 2012. My next PSA test is on November 30 next week. My doctor doesn't know about the current incident at this time. The improper ejaculation was on November 16, a week ago. The left testicle is a bit tender in a sence that when I squeeze it, the lack side hurts. I believe that is where the spermatic duct is. And also I feel dull pain constantly now on the same area of the left testicle. It is not strong but uncomfortable. No problem on the right testicle. I am not on any medication but I take saw palmetto once a day since 2 years ago. The urination speed is slower than when I was young but it is not difficult and I feel no pain during urination.
Thank you for your attention and advice. XXXXXXX

Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 1 hour later

Thanks for the information.

The pain in the testicles you have could be due to entrapment of testicular secretions in the ducts and/or in the epididymis.Such conditions can happen when there is spasm or obstruction in the vas deference or the prostatic urethra not letting the semen to travel out and cause improper ejaculation.

Decreased urination speed could also be a secondary effect if the spasm/obstruction is in the prostatic urethra.

Spasms usually present with pain or rarely can present as discomfort in the perineum.Such spasms are simple and get relived on own within few days,Masturbation can aid the recovery.If persistent for more than a week or two then it could due to obstruction caused by prostate edema ,blood clot etc

I suggest you to get examined by your treating doctor if the discomfort does not wane off within a week from now.He may examine you and identify the exact cause for the same.

Hope I answered your query.Let me know if there are any other concerns.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Aparna Kohli
Follow up: Dr. Raju A.T 3 hours later
Thank you for the helpful diagnosis. May I ask one point I left out, that is, on the possibility of prostatitis and also if I do have a prostatitis, how would you look at the situation. Thank you for everything. XXXXXXX
Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 19 hours later

I do suspect the prostatic edema ( which I considered to be probable cause) can be due to mild prostatitis. Prostatitis is more common in one with Prostate hypertrophy and history of invasive procedures to the gland.

Physical examination would be a better way to rule out prostatitis.

Wish you good health.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Aparna Kohli

The User accepted the expert's answer

Share on
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions ,   ,  
Lab Tests ,  
Medical Topics ,  

Recent questions on  Blood clots

doctor1 MD

hi, i went to the ER on saturday due to heart palpitations that started about 2 weeks ago.. and then about a week ago my arms would fall asleep while i was sleeping, waking me up, then on wednesday i woke up with shoulder pain near my collar bone... it still hasnt went away and now i woke up today and the pain has traveled down my arm between my arm pit and elbow on the bottom side of my arm. When i was at the ER they did 2 ecg's, which were normal, blood test, and a chest xray. The doctor had thought it was a blood clot in my lung possibly, but after the blood test came back he said it wasnt. Pretty much i didnt get any answers and im worried. As far as the heart palpitations go, he didnt know what was causing them so he just told me to stop drinking caffeine. Could you please give me any insight as to what you might think it could be. I also quit smoking on wednesday when i woke up with the sholder pain. And im extremely stressed, because when i was at the ER the doctor told me i "could die" (when told i might have a blood clot in the lung) ..i have anxiety as it is.. and hearing that completely stressed me out.. my hear rate was 122 at the hospital because i was so scared, and since then, i havent been able to sleep well, i keep waking up in the middle of the night. I am a 22 year old female.

doctor1 MD

Hi Doctor,

I am a 28 year old guy suffering from a recurring problem which is termed as Fistula.Last november I developed pain in my anal and it was diagnosed as fissure.I had to undergo a surgery in Max hospital Delhi which was very painful .Post operation there was a pus formation and my doctor did a open cut surgery to drain out that pus and he termed it as fistula.Doctor made a 'L' shaped cut in my right hip and left it open which took about two months to heel.After that the situation got worsened.Since then after every few days a small packet of pus gets formed and I drain it out forcefully.I have also noticed blood clots three times mixed with pus.That pus formation becomes more aggressive after the alcohol intake.I am not able to able to bear this pain anymore as my job requires me to sit for 8 hrs on a chair.Kindly suggest me the best possible treatment which can help me to come out of this trauma.

doctor1 MD

my brother-in-law was admitted to icu on sat. morning after collapsing..they found a blood clot in his lungs and some sort of a thing as they are calling it , near his heart but no real answers? what do u think it could be and why would a 38 year old healthy male present with these symptoms?

doctor1 MD

Hello, My dad has been admitted to hospital because he was experiencing terrible pain in his chest and was feeling very uneasy. After a scan was done the doctors found out that he his aorta had strated leaking. Now the leaking aorta has formed a blood clot and has stopped the leak. He is unconcious right for the day he was admitted. It is now 3 days that he is unconcious and in the ICU. He had also gone through an angoplast a few years ago and also has pressure problem. He is about 75 years of age. Could you please suggest what is the best option or surgery taking into account all his medical problems and age that can be done for him. Also if surgery is done what are the chances of survival after surgery for a 75 year old man. Thank you for your help

doctor1 MD

Hi, my husband has been suffering from a blocked nose for a while now and when he blow for sometime, he would blow out clots of blood that would be blocking his nose before he can breath properly again. He has also some bumps on his ears, nose,...

doctor1 MD

I have a report on your system. Have been to my doctor and he has put me on - (purchase over the counter) –voltare imogel.-. on the enclosed brochure it states:’’ tell your phamacistif you’re on warfarin , and other NSAID medicines. I’m on...

doctor1 MD

Hello, I am pregnant and this is my situation. Last period nov 4th 1st scan dec 13th due to brown bleeding, sac was low but saw fetal heart beat 2nd scan dec 16tj due to red bleeding, doctor did not see heartbeat and scheduled dc for dec 18th. Dr...